Wednesday, 11 October 2017

KARIKALAN AND THE TIME MACHINE

                                   KARIKALAN AND THE TIME MACHINE
“May I know the idea, sir!” Manikkam asked.
“Of course, Manikkam,” said the Super Star eagerly, “If it is possible in theory to construct and manufacture a Time Machine that can take a voyage to the Moon, then do it immediately.”
“Immediately, sir?”
“Yes, Yes, don’t keep repeating my questions, Manikkam. You know you are a mighty genius! All it would take you is some raw material. We can gather them here!”
“Here itself, sir?”
“Yes, man! Are you dumb or something? Do what I say!”
“What should I do, sir?”
“Go somewhere and sleep it off. Man! You could be a trial if you want to! You’re testing my patience!”
“No, sir. All I want is information as to…”
“Man! Just how many more times should I repeat myself? I said for you to manufacture your damned Time Machine that would take me to the moon! Now go and do it”
“Where am I to go and do what sir?”
“Go somewhere and start construction of the Machine, Manikkam. You’re a machine man, OK?”
“I’m a machine man, sir?”
“Yesss! Not a Singer Machine man, if you ask me!”
“Now where shall I go and manufacture the Moon Voyager, sir?”
“Manikkam, you’re a genius! You have already given the machine a name! Great. Now, all it takes is…”
“Have I given the Machine a name, sir?”
“Yes, Manikkam. You are a machine man. And you have just now given the name for the new machine!”
“Well, I am not aware of the fact, sir!”
“Manikkam!”
“Yes, sir. Always your obedient servant, sir!”
“Yor are not my servant, Manikkam… obedient or not. I am your brother-in-law!”
“Yes, sir!”
“Mmmm…now we are making some progress! Ok, you need not give me any dowry. But give me the machine!”
“I’d rather convince Valli’s father and mother to give you a hefty dow…sir?!”
“Now, what’s your problem?”
“Dowry must be paid here or in Chennai?”
“Gosh! You’re really dumb, aren’t you Manikkam?”
“Yes, sir. No, sir!”
“I’m not dumb, sir!”
“Manikkam you’re a genius. The real problem with you is that you are not aware of the fact!”
“I am aware of myself, sir!”
“Then build your Moon Voyager for me and Valli!”
“Where does Valli come into it, sir?”
“Hey! Valli is my would-be, Ok?”
“That’s right, sir!”
“Then build the Moon Voyager and do it here and do it quickly!”
“What is the urgency, sir?”
“Manikkam, if you haven’t already realized it then you are dumb!”
“Just now you called me a genius, sir!”
“Yes, at the same time you’re somewhat dumb. And you must admit the fact, Manikkam!”
“Where the worldly people are wise, the yogi is a dumb cluck. And where the yogis are wise the worldly people are dumb cluck!”
“Hey, are we still speaking in the same language?”
“I somewhat quoted from the Bhagavad Gita, sir!”
“Ok, who cares about your somewhat quotes, dear Brother-in-law! All I want is a hefty dowry in the way of a Moon Voyager!”
“Why, sir?”
“My fool. Can’t you understand? I want to take my Valli to the Moon and tie the knot there!”





No comments:

Post a Comment