KARIKALAN AND THE TIME MACHINE
“Why do you say, ‘Oh’ in that tone of voice, Manikkam?” asked the Super Star.
“You said I should make a handful of them, sir?”
“Yes, I said just that, so what?”
“What do you mean by that sir?”
“Well, I meant a few of the Time Machines, why?”
“A few Time Machines, sir?”
“Exactly! Don’t you realize the fact that once the millionaires of the world get to know they can visit Egypt and see the Pyramids being built, or they could get to see Cleopatra in person, or they could see America in the making, the days when the early settlers went to occupy the virgin lands, or they could visit their own place when their forefathers were living or a deceased son or spouse was living, see my point, Manikkam? There would be a huge demand. Even when you fix the price way high there would still be a large crowd and you can hardly transport them all with your puny little Time Machine. So you should make several of them. And one more thing…!”
“Yes, sir?”
“Each Time Machine should be the size of a drama hall!”
“You mean a drama hall, sir?”
“Yes, Manikkam. And at once several hundred must be sent or transported in time! we can ask for a million dollars USD for a trip for a person. See the potential? At one go you could make a trillion dollars. And this for one time machine. And if you could manufacture say five or six Time Machines, at one go you could draw in more than a trillion dollars! But first, you should register with the Patent Right people. You should not tell even me as to the materials you utilize in the manufacture of the Time Machine. And leave everything to me. I mean except the financial side of the business!”
“Why sir?”
“Because I have no use for money!”
“But your Valli might demand to buy a plane or a helicopter or both and things like that, sir!”
“O, Gosh! I’ve completely forgotten that!”
“You have forgotten Valli, sir?” Manikkam asked with meaning and a glint in his eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment