Wednesday, 4 October 2017

KARIKALAN AND THE TIME MACHINE

                                       KARIKALAN AND THE TIME MACHINE
“The concept of the Time Machine, sir,” Manikkam said, “is basically very simple.”
“Whether it is simple or humble. Tell me the concept of the Machine, Manikkam!”
“I got it by worshipping the Vedic Saints, sir!”
“Don’t, I say,” the Super Star returned with a serious face, “don’t give me that stuff. You might have worshipped the Vedic saints. As far as I know, there’s no Temple for them in our India. Anyhow, you tell me..!”
“I built a temple for them in my heart, sir. And they are the presiding deities of the Temple. But before that, I proved that there is God who runs this Universe!”
“You’re digressing. Anyhow, tell me how did you prove there is God!”
“Don’t you believe in God, sir?”
“That question does not arise. We can’t afford to examine too many questions at the same time. Just tell me how you did prove that there is a God and He is running the universe.”
“You are an agnostic, sir?”
“That also is beside the point, Manikkam. You’re giving me a pain in my neck. Just tell me …?”
“If you are an agnostic, sir,” Manikkam persisted, “You would not be interested in the question, sir. In that case, my proving the existence of God would not matter to you. So first tell my you are not an agnostic like Gautama the Buddha. Then we can…”
“Ok, I believe in God, Manikkam. But not in the sense of the term you attached to the belief. I believe in God. That is why I wanted to worship Him in the form of light. And that is why my wife turned her back on me.” There was a raw pain in the face of the Super Star.






No comments:

Post a Comment