Monday, 2 October 2017

KARIKALAN AND THE TIME MACHINE

                                   KARIKALAN AND THE TIME MACHINE
“Don’t start anything you can’t finish, Manikkam!” the Super Star said, “I don’t want to pay heed to your canards.”
“Whatever I have said has been proved, my good sir,” said an imperturbed Manikkam.
“That I have some equation with the Time Machine—you say? But it was created by you!”
“Not created, sir.” Manikkam corrected the Super Star. “It was given or to be more specific, donated by the Vedic seers and saints!”
“Well, I just can’t believe that. Tell it to the birds.”
“No, sir,” Manikkam insisted, “I tell it to you. You have a certain equation with the Time…!”
“Stop it man!” the Superstar thundered, “You are as bad as your grandfather!”
“Hey! You dog!” it is the turn of the grandfather to thunder, “Why drag me into it. Can’t you do anything except talking always? Talk, Talk, Talk. That’s the only thing you are good at. That is why both your wives have walked out on you. No woman shall walk out on me. There was this woman, by the name, Gunavathi! She…!”
“If you don’t keep silent I shall commit hara-kiri, grandpa. And that’s no joke!” Manikkam’s eyes were smoldering. I have enough on my hands without you adding up to it!”
The grandfather made a face and literally turned his back on the two.
“If you don’t have an equation, sir,” Manikkam turned to the Super Star and challenged him, “with the Time Machine why should you the time machine take all of us to this Chola kingdom, some two thousand years back in time and make you see your Sivanesar? He is you and you are he. Can you deny that?”
“How could you say Sivanesar is me and I am he?” the Super Star continued but with less conviction now, “For all we know he might not be having anything to do with me!”
“He is the light man in King Karikalar’s kingdom. You have a fascination for light. Can you deny it!? He is a worshipper of the light. You lost your wife on that count only. Now go and deny that too!”
“But… “   the Super Star tried to make a point. “You really mean I am fated to see him?”
“That I don’t know, sir. That could be said only if he sees you. Now you are fully aware of his presence here…!”
“What is the concept of Your Time Machine, Manikkam?” the Super Star tried to fix the point first before proceeding further. “You say I have an equation with the Machine made by you. Only here we have become sort of relatives what with my love for your sister, Valli. But in Chennai… Now, what is the concept of your time machine, Manikkam. Tell me!” the Super Star seemed he wanted to know something about the machine itself. After all it has transported us in time. What is its concept?”


No comments:

Post a Comment