Tuesday, 6 February 2018

KARIKALAN AND THE TIME MACHINE--CHAPTER 112

                                  KARIKALAN AND THE TIME MACHINE—CHAPTER 112
“I…er…I have valid reasons to…to accuse your bosom friend, O king, of treason. For this, I could have killed him the moment he spoke, but I have spared his life because it is properly you the King of the Chola Kingdom to meet out such deserving punishment!” Sivanesan could not speak aloud more than this. There were two valid reasons and one was ineffable the presence of the King himself, and the other was the kind of treason Veeravelar had committed and it was not easy for Sivanesan to clothe in words the indescribable conduct and words of such a high minister so nearest to the bosom of the King.
“Ha! Ha! Ha! Has the cat got your tongue, Mr. Sivanesan?” the King was at his satirical best. This only made the frightened Sivanesan to further perspire. The King thundered, “We are not going to let you go scot free without revealing whatever is hidden in your scheming bosom against my best friend. So I order you to speak up or fall to the thrust of our sword!” Once more the great King leant forward and fanned Sivanesar and spoke in a gentle voice, “Why doesn’t my word carry conviction, my dear friend?” He further whispered, “I already know that Sivanesar eyes my throne as the price for his various acts of high treason. He is going to suffer much for his various crimes. I only want you to divulge your reasons for suspecting Sivanesar of high treason. So without any fear speak up, my dear friend.” Having said this the great King leant back and thundered, “If you are not forthcoming with valid reasons as to why you suspect my bosom friend of high treason your head shall roll out of this chamber, Mr. Sivanesan. So try to speak up and give me good and valuable reasons!”  
“First of all I have to describe the scene, sir. Please allow me to describe the scene as I wish to before you take your inexorable sword and cause my puny head roll on the floor of thy chamber.” Without being aware that he was shouting at the mighty King, Sivanesan began to describe the scene without leaving out any detail.
 (Note from the blogger. Owing to my illness, dear friends, I could not be regular in my posting. the resultant inconvenience is regretted. Hereafterward I shall be regular in my postings,)


                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment