KARIKALAN AND THE TIME MACHINE—CHAPTER 111
“Can you give me just one reason as to why I should murrrrder my minister for foreign affairs?” the King was his satirical best.
“Not just one reason, your majesty. I can give you ten reasons. And all the reasons hinge upon his activities against the State and Your Majesty!”
The king leaned toward Sivanesan and whispered in his ear, “Of course, I believe you Mr. Sivanesan. But speak up in a loud voice your mind without minding my thundering satirical words.” Then he sat back in his seat and started to thunder, “You are a fine person, Sivanesan. You came here to our country just a week back. And you are a fine one to accuse my time-tested bosom friend, Mr. Veeravelar of treason!”
Despite the King’s reassurance, Sivanesan started to perspire profusely.
This made the king to take one of the broad fans left by his servants and actually fan Sivanesan. “Speak up or you would be killed like a dog on the street!” Once again the King leaned over and whispered in a frightened Sivanesan’s ear, “Don’t take my thundering words seriously. I have said I would induct you in my ministry. So speak up without any fear, Mr. Sivaneasan.”
No comments:
Post a Comment