Wednesday, 29 November 2017

KARIKALAN AND THE TIME MACHINE--CHAPTER 98

                         KARIKALAN AND THE TIME MACHINE—CHAPTER 98
The Super Star raised a hand, and that moment the stick disappeared! Kabaligan was at his feet. He could not believe what had just happened. He stared up at the Super Star. Without trying to rise up, he started to entreat him, “All these years, my good sir, I had been thinking am the master of the art. I have two spirits to do my biddings. But you seem to be a past master of this art. Please teach me the art. Because I have never seen such a spectacle in which my own spirit would do thy biddings. Please, Master, do instruct me in that art. And I would do anything for you. I have vast wealth and gold coins of the king’s treasury well stashed under the subterranean cellar. I would give you, just hand them all over to you to be taught the art by which you used my spirit to beat me up. Please, sir!”
“You keep silent, for a while, man. My art could never be taught to a cannibal like you. Moreover, only persons of impeccable character could be taught such tricks. You are not even a man—a beast. How can I teach you such sidhis?”
As though the matter was over, the Super Star said to Valli and her sister, “Both of you have been freed. You can come away from the post!”
Lo and behold! Both the girls came in a rush to thank him. And Kabaligan started to cry bitterly. “I tell you, sir, I will turn a new green leaf in my life. I won’t even eat the animal flesh hereafter. I would turn completely a decent and normal guy. I would give away all the gold coins to the poor and impoverished. Please take me as your…”
The Super Star behaved as though he did not hear anything. Moreover, he raised his hand over the head of Kabaligan who had still been at his feet. That instant moment he fell deaf and dumb! He started to quake and quiver in fright. The Super Star raised his hand again. This time Kabaligan fell at his feet in a swoon.  
Valli gripped the hands of the Super Star. “O, my good sir. You are a white magician? From what you said to Kabaligan, I can understand it is a siddhi you acquired after long years of Tapas. O, my good sir, don’t leave me in the lurch!” She said in a pitiful voice.
At that moment had come running into the hall none other than Kumanan, the Devil incarnate.
“Hey, Valli! What is this, I see you completely free. And who is this mannnn…mmmhooommm…Haven’t we already met, sir?” He asked and then he answered the question himself. “O yeah. I saw you in the temple this morning. But whoever you are you have no right to set Valli and her sister free. For this, I will punish you after I have dealt with the two sisters.” He spoke with such arrogant confidence.
“You idiot! Congenital idiot!” Valli spat at him venomous words. “Look at you friend, Kabaligan, the cannibal. He has swooned at the feet of my man. Ask of his forgivance. He will forgive you. Or I will beg him to forgive you for the sake of your wife and mother. They are such sweet people. Now, fall at the feet of my man, or else is the situation!”
“What!” Kumanan, for the first time, saw his friend at the feet of the Stranger to that place.
“Now,” Valli said, “It is your turn to ask for forgivance. This minute!”
“What nonsense is all this, and who do you think I am?” Kumanan, with those angry words, Kumanan took some powdery substance from a paper sachet from under his cap and tossed the powdery substance at Valli and her sister. That instant they had started to become concrete statues. Not actually concrete, for at that time it was not available. But they had become grey statues. Kumanan turned and tossed some more at the Super Star.
Super Star simply laughed. “You can’t do that to me, you dirty rascal. I am not belonging to your time. I belong to a different time and world.!”
It was now the turn of Kumanan to get surprised and become awe-imbued. “I have heard of Siddhas come out of their body and go to any world they please. Are you one such person?” he merely mumbled. “But I have tossed some substance at you and it has fallen on my best friend, Kabaligan at your feet. He has become a grey statue too. Alas! Ok, why have you come from your world? And you are a look-alike of that Brahmin, Sivanesan, Aren’t you. Then I can see the reason. You are related. You have come to see your forefather. Sivanesan is your forefather, right!” He laughed. “If only you half know what we have in store for him!” He laughed vulgarly.
“Sir,” Manikkam spoke, “You have done enough damage by giving this bastard all those details. He is nobody’s fool. He has instantly connected you and Sivanesar.”
“To whom are you listening, Sivanesan?” asked Kumanan. Then only the Super Star understood his to what contingency his ordinary words let his forefather, Sivanesar into. So without much of an exertion, he stared at Kumanan fixedly. He started to become a grey man from foot up. Kumanan was not afraid of what was happening to him. Now his waist had been turning a grey statue!
“Such miraculous things are possible to the highly civilized human species, no? I am thankful for your confiding in me.” Now his chest area was turning into a statue. He stared fixedly at the Super Star. “See, if you come here, we could come to your place, no?”
Now his throat was turning grey. “I would like to come to your world!” he managed to mumble before his mouth turned grey.
The Super Star had become so very worried and mesmerized at the long star Kumanan kept throwing his way.
And just before his eyes turned grey Kumanan managed to wink at the Super Star.
The Super Star wanted to test the substance in the sachet. So, before Kumanan’s head had become grey he took off his headgear and took out the substance.
At the very moment, Valli’s parents and grandfather had come rushing in. Manikkam said, “Sir, toss the substance on them. They should not see their daughters having become statues. Their hearts will simply stop to beat!”
So the Super Star tossed the substance in the wind toward them. They too, that instant, became statues!
“Come on, sir. We have little time left for the Time Machine. Come, make haste!”
So the three of them started to go out of that big mansion of Kabaligan!





No comments:

Post a Comment