KARIKALAN AND THE TIME MACHINE—CHAPTER 99
“Sir,” the Super Star said, “now only I come to understand that this Kumanan rascal is none other than the fellow who has kidnapped my wife and daughter. Now I can think straight. Somehow this fool has found a way to our Chennai! He is working in some clerical job at Kalpakam Atomic Power Station!”
“Sir!” exclaimed Manikkam, “Use your mind. For this guy to have come to Chennai and being born there and educated and join the Atomic Centre is a bit too far-fetched a theory to confide in anyone. For example, if you said it to my grandfather, now… where the hell has he got to?”
The Super Star made an angry gesture. “I insist on having seen Kumanan there at the Atomic Centre, sir! You are welcome to think whatever you want to, but it is a fact. This kumanan’s handlebar moustache and the headgear and the quaint Tamil and tone of voice he uses here naturally confused me, besides blinding my mind and eyes. Now I am sure, sir, this fellow is there in our Chennai! God, I only saved two girls out of his amorous clutch. For this, he has come up to Chennai and has kidnapped my family! What a way to take vengeance!”
“It is an impossible thing, sir. Come, the time’s up. We have to be at the Lingaparai or the hillock to become aboard the Time Mchine. Something urges me that we have but little time to lose.” Manikkam was emphatic.
The Super Star was led and piloted willy-nilly by Manikkam towards the exit. “See, my grandfather is already near the outside gates. Come, let’s make haste.”
When they came to be with the grandfather, he gave a peculiar look to the Super Star and said, “My boy, I seem to have chanced upon the fact that you are here on purpose!”
No comments:
Post a Comment