Tuesday, 7 November 2017

KARIKALAN AND THE TIME MACHINE, CHAPTER 84

                               KARIKALAN AND THE TIME MACHINE –CHAPTER 84
“Manikkam, you speak so much,” the Super Star said, “From what you say it is understandable that even now you are feeling so much for her. I can also understand that even when your wife’s problems last it was not as if you were completely oblivious of the same. Why didn’t you go the half the way in compromising your maniacal interest in the Vedas and take her to the cinema and parties? In all the parties given by us, the last man and his family stood invited. And you knew the fact. If you asked me, I’d say you were more than a bit selfish. But you seem to be ready to take her back with your child. Why didn’t you try?”
“Because I knew the same thing would be repeated, sir. That’s why I said it would be a blessing if both the spouses had similar interest. Supposing she was a bit more religious than the normal housewives, we could have hit it off nicely.  We were poles apart in our interest, sir.”  
“But the question is if you tried to make amends by going to her mother’s and ask her to come to live with you.” The Super Star insisted.
“I did just that, sir!”
“You don’t say?”
“Yes, I say sir! And she too came with me. But all the parties I attended with her turned disastrous for her!”
“How come, Manikkam?”
“I am not a great conversationalist in the technical sense of the term, sir. Those matters I am interested in I could speak for hours. But on matters, I am not interested in I could only be civil to other people who spoke non-stop about the next raise, the latest movie and things that couldn’t interest me at all. So after coming back home, every time, I mean, sir, my wife would become a Goddess of Destruction and by showing her volatile emotions. “Why couldn’t you talk sweetly about small and interesting things? The other folks could hardly be civil to you. You tested their patience. The conversation does not mean keep saying ‘Yes, yes and yes.’ There are somethings as reciprocation. You never contribute to the conversation, there. This is how you would behave, what’s the point of going to and attending the parties?” And even now, sir, I wouldn’t blame her. We are just having diametrically different interests.”
“So?”
“So, at last, we decided it would be good for her and the daughter to stay at her mother’s. And…” Manikkam fell silent.
“Gosh!” the Super Star internally exploded, “Why did we butt into the personal life of a good and superb guy like Manikkam, the inventor of the Time Machine?”





No comments:

Post a Comment