KARIKALAN AND THE TIME MACHINE
“Why have you been seated like this and pass the time in idleness?” the grandfather asked. “You two pairs of trousers are good for nothing! Your age boys want everything cut and dried. Otherwise, you would be wondering where else to scratch yourselves!”
“What do you want us to do now? If you can’t sit in a place without doing anything for some time, how could we help you, huh?” Manikkam chided his grandfather.
“Why do you find fault with grandpa, Manikkam? At least let him be happy!” said the Super Star.
“You don’t know him, sir. If he wants to be in good mood, you know, how many women should cross the line? At his age, you’d think he would prefer a cup of coffee and a child to play with. But he wants women to play his game of dalliance!” said Manikkam.
The old man behaved as though something like rocket science was being discussed with which he had no interest or stake!
While Manikkam was chiding his grandfather about his behaviour inside the temple, the Super Star found it stimulating to think about that day’s happenings inside the temple.
“I can’t understand, Manikkam,” exclaimed the Super Star, “Mr. Sivanesar looks exactly like me!”
“Sir,” said Manikkam, “don’t say he looks LIKE YOU. HE IS YOU, SIR!”
“That is why Manikkam at one and the same time I’m afraid and…”
“Sir,” said Manikkam, “he could easily be the answer to the problem you’ve been…!”
“So?” the Super Star stared at Manikkam, “You have all along known…?”
“Sir, if I didn’t know something about your problem,” said Manikkam, “how could I have decided to take you on a time travel? I could have decided on just about anyone, still, I decided to take you with me! Give me some credit…”
No comments:
Post a Comment