KARIKALAN AND THE TIME MACHINE
Lo and behold! The Super Star had become free of all the inner turmoil!
“Please Manikkam,” he said, “You have ensnared me in a fateful and frightful thing of which I can hardly make a guess much less than forming a fair understanding!”
“Please, sir,” Manikkam asked, “I can hardly understand what you want to tell me. Why don’t you come clean and out with everything about you so I could help you? Before we departed from Chennai I really wanted to vet you fully on the way the Time Machine works. But you were so worked up that I couldn’t possibly help you with the necessary information. Since you were in a terribly agitated mood at the time the countdown finished, the Machine did not respond to my request and brought us to this King Karikalan’s Chola Kingdom nearly two thousand years from our Chennai time!
The Super Star became thoughtful. “So, I am the reason as to why we have come to King Karikalan’s Chola Kindom, huh?” Now the Super Star subjected Manikkam to a long look before he continued, “Mmmm… Tell me, Manikkam. I want to hear you speak some more for I want to fix everything. Ok, it is granted that I was very much afraid of you. I couldn’t possibly tell exactly you mean my good. For I knew, I thought to myself, you might be a fiend practising some kind of Black Magic! As it was, I had been going through a lean patch, I mean mentally I was tortured by my wife’s desertion. All I wanted was to light a lamp. But she had almost eloped, for all I know, with my enemy. My superior officer was very fond of me. He called me an original genius. He would often invite me with my wife and the kid to his house. We would speak about the atom splitting technology. He wanted very much to make enough electricity for all the cars and buses and six wheelers so that India could be relieved of the huge sum it pays for the imported petrol bill. That kind of a soul he was. He would often show me the drafts of his future projects and ask for my opinion. For some rascal it was, that is, the kind of understanding between us, was not acceptable. But I’ll be damned if I knew how he had come to know what I had told my wife the previous night! So you see, for reasons that were not under my control I could not keep a calm mind and concentrate as you repeatedly urged. Even as the Time Machine started to run, you know I could hear some sound like SWISHSHSHSHS! EVEN AT THAT TIME I WAS FRIGHTENED AS TO WHAT WAS IN STORE FOR ME!”
“I had the very similar problem like yours, sir!” Manikkam said. “My wife too left me with my darling daughter!”
{Dear Readers, apart from this blog, I’m writing four other blogs. They are:
raguramkrishnabagavatgita.blogspot.com
raguramramayanaforchildren.blogspot.com
kaviriyinselvan.blogspot.com
myresourcefulaunt.blogspot.com
Please strengthen my hands by visiting the above-said sites)
No comments:
Post a Comment